There is always a new baby in our family at the moment and you never know when you might need to run up a quick card for an unexpected or early arrival! So here is a super quick and easy new baby card perfect for using up scraps 🙂
- Accent paper. I used paper addicts 10cm x 10cm Ahoy There papers available from all trimcraft stockists.
- Two A5 pieces of card. I chose light and dark blue to compliment my accent papers and I used cardstock from the papermill.
- Glue stick.
- Cutting machine
- Baby grow cutting file – available from our free download page
- New baby stamp – mine was a £1 from hobby craft.
- Trimcraft sentiment stamp.
- Dovecraft black ink stamp pad.
First thing I did was to cut out the baby grow shapes. Load the file into your cutting machine software then cut out from your chosen accent paper or scraps. I made them approximately 5cm x 5cm in size. I used a Silhouette Cameo and cut using the ‘card stock’ setting. I cut a bunch more out than I needed so that I had plenty of choice which ones I wanted to use and also so I had some extra for any other cards I had to quickly whip up!
Once you have a few baby grows cut out I assembled all of the other materials I needed so that all I needed to do was assemble the card. Start by folding the dark blue A5 sheet of card in half length ways to give a long card. Then cut down the second piece of card to 20cm x 6.5cm and fix to the front of the card. This forms the base of the card.
Now you have the fun bit of adding the baby grows to the card. Chose your baby grows and arrange them around the top edge of the card. I found that five baby grows looked best. I then used the ‘Baby’ stamp and a heart stamp to decorate the bottom of the card.
Thank you for reading our blog post. If this has inspired you to make a similar card please feel free to comment on this post, share this post or post photos to our social media 🙂
If you would like further crafting updates, freebie updates and news from our page please sign up to our newsletter.